Kuala Lumpur, 26th February: Malaysia Technology Expo (MTE 2008) once again became a platform for UTM researchers to show their dominance in developing the latest local and international technology. 2 special awards, 9 gold, 10 silver and 14 bronze is the award count for UTM this time.
Out of 36 participations, 33 products received 35 awards during the three day expo held at Putra World Trade Centre starting from the 21st to 23rd of February.
The sweetest victory came through Prof. Ahmad Fauzi Ismail with his product 'Novel Sulfonated Poly (Ether Ketone) (SPEEK) Membrane for Direct Methanol Fuel Cell (DMFC) which won ‘Best of the Best Award’ and Prof. Dr. Zaidaton whom won ‘The Best Award’ through her research product 'Personalized Learning Courseware Through Digital Learning Object Concept for Learning Multimedia and Computer Networking’.
An event that promotes the use of Science & Technology as well as Innovation, MTE 2008 hopes to tap into the vast business opportunities available locally through its showcase of the latest products and services in the local technology industry.
Aptly themed; “Technology … it’s Business” MTE 2008 hopes to create an awareness on great potentials that can be derived from utilising the products and services of the high-tech world of technology to advance in your business and in our everyday life.
Other UTM award winners are as follow:
1. Prof. Dr. Ahmad Fauzi Ismail, FKKKSA (2 products)
2. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Zaidatun Tasir, FP (2 products)
3. Dr. Ida Idayu Muhammad, FKKKSA
4. Prof. Dr. Azlan Adnan, FKA
5. Prof. Dr. Marsin Sanagi, FS
6. Dr. Aishah Jalil, FKKKSA
7. Prof. Dr. Abu Bakar Mohammad, FKE
1. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Zaharah Ibrahim, FS
2. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ahmad Baharuddin Abd. Rahman, FKA
3. Zarani Md. Taher, FKKKSA
4. Dr. Ida Idayu Muhammad, FKKKSA
5. Prof. Dr. Tharek Abdul Rahman, FKE
6. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Wan Aini Wan Ibrahim
7. Prof. Dr. Md. Nor Musa (our dean!) & Prof. Madya Dr. Ainul Lutfi, FKM
8. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mohd. Muhridza Yaacob, FKE
9. Prof. Dr. Hussein Ahmad, FKE
10. Herlina Abdul Rahim, FKE
1. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Alias Abdul Rahman, FKSG
2. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Abdul Hafidz Omar, FP
3. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mohamad Kamal Abd. Rahim, FKE (2 Products)
4. Dr. Norma Alias, FS
5. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mazlian Esa, FKE
6. Prof. Dr. Ruzairi Abdul Rahim (Our TD!), FKE
7. Dr. Sevia Mehdaliza Idrus, FKE (2 products)
8. Dr. Zuwairie Ibrahim, FKE
9. Rozeha A. Rashid, FKE (3 products)
10.Zarani Md Taher, FKKKSA
Congratulations to all the winners and it is hoped the excellent achievements will be carried on to the next stage.